Add This

Bookmark and Share

Monday 30 June 2008

Live Streaming

I am becoming more and more interested in Streaming Applications like Ustream.tv and Mogulus Studio. I can see an infinite number of ways to use them with students. Some of the ideas that I am considering are: live streaming school events such as the opening of the LRC and sporting or cultural events. Another idea is to open up debates and interviews within and without school(involving global links and members of the school community such as new staff) using the co-host feature. One of my goals for this coming school year is to initiate a weekly student run news show and Ustream seems to fit the bill as you can stream live and record as well. It is also a good parking place for our video, the value of which our technical team will certainly appreciate. I have prepped a channel for this purpose at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-at-the-lrc. I can't wait to get started in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment